Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pulling my children out of Public School System




I always wanted to let my children go to a Catholic private school. It is beyond our means though. So, while Alex and I worked on the healing of children, we put their education as a second priority.

As long as they were functioning well in public school, that is, excelling we thought we can address the public school issue later on.

We did not realize that public school contributed to our problem instead of helping us. No matter how much effort, the peers in public school have so much influence on our children.

In the beginning of this blended family situation, Alex thought I could not handle homeschooling everyone. You see, I do get stressed out quite easily. He cannot imagine homeschooling 9 children when I was just used to 2 children prior to our marriage.

So, here we are beset with so many peer-related family problems. Our sons and daughters, who were 9 year old to 12 years old at the time of our marriage are now 14 to 17 years old. And, no matter how much we were a "prayerful" family, we cannot save our children from "peer pressure".

Here is an article I wrote about public school versus homeschooling. It gives a synopsis on why you should pull your children out of public school. Click the link.


No comments: