Thursday, November 12, 2009

3 year old teaches himself






Pio, my 3 year old, is a ham.

He would come up to me and say " Read to me, Read to me" in a demanding voice and then when he gets my attention he says "Plzzzzzzzzzzzz" lovingly. Then, I tell him.."I would love to read to you".

He changed it all of a sudden to "Read to me, read to me... AGAIN...". I will say the same thing. Then after he is done with the books (around 20) in one sitting he would say "Learn please" and this means he is ready for learning his letter sounds.
I would open his software and then he operates the menu. He has learned to click the hyperlinks to go back and forth and he can match the letter sounds to objects. He also can distinguish things that do not belong. I leave him there to tinkle with the software and I am impressed that he diligently works out the exercises one by one trying to master it.
He is also good in balancing. He tried to reach for a glass ball decoration in my bathroom, the shelf was falling and he was trying to make sure the glass ball would not fall by holding it and he was crying for help. I finally came after 5 minutes. Then he told me, "do not want glass to break". He was holding it until I came to help him.
Since everyone is homeschooling, he says 'want to do homework".
He is too adorable. He is very strong though... he can lift up our dog ( 50 lbs boxer)

No comments: