Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We still have one teen in rebellion



Jude is still quite rebelling with our homeschool program. He definitely wants to go to public school. His reason is he wants to wrestle. At least, he thinks he wants to wrestle. He even made an essay about it. I'm waiting to read it. He is an excellent writer.

Being a good kid, he is reading the books in our curriculum. Diligently? I really do not know. Probably just those he thinks is "worthy". He wants "chemistry" or "biology" as one of his subjects.

Jude doesn't trust his father nor he trusts me. I already had a heart-to-heart talk with him. But, he is a strong-willed child. The trust issue is coming from some "attachment issues". His biological mother failed him. His father failed him. He learned to depend on himself as he was growing up. He took care of his siblings and fed them while they were with their biological mother. When I married their father, he was assigned to cooking because he loved it. The bad side to this is he thought, that he is already grown up and can take care of himself. He thinks he already knows what he needs in his life. So, when his Dad and I made a decision to homeschool, he violently opposed the move. He said, it was nothing personal about us. He just wants to go and reach his dreams "his own way".

We are waiting for the right moment to talk to him again and spend time with him. He is a good kid. I know he will come around. I promised him I will offer some sacrifices and intense prayers for his intention this week.


No comments: