Monday, October 5, 2009

Noah Got an A in his Saxon Math Test




It is very difficult to get an "A" in Saxon Math, that is, 100%, no error. However, that is the goal of Saxon Math: accuracy.

For my Noah, it is not easy. This is his first year to take Saxon 5/4. Pretty much he is doing ok except when he gets very distracted.

I let him do one lesson of Saxon Math. I tear off the page from his notebook and let him do the entire lesson again. Then, he checks those numbers that resulted to a different answer. It takes him 2 hours to do this. However, he started to get perfect scores. I wish to do this only until he feels some achievement in getting 100%. The goal is to really find out for himself, what he needs to be accurate or get a perfect score.

It is too bad that other students think that a perfect score is unattainable.

Perfect score is attainable with hard work more than intelligence.

I've seen children who are so intelligent who is satisfied with mediocre scores. My 17 year old is this way. It is enough that he gets most of the problems right.


No comments: