Thursday, December 3, 2009

Offering Up House Chores that I Wanted to Give the Kids

Five of my children are with my in-laws. After Thanksgiving, my parents-in-law said that they needed help with yard work. My husband and I obliged. We would take the opportunity to do our own cleaning at home.

So I have a 3 year old boy, 8 year old boy, and 16 year old teen with me since Saturday.

My 16 year old teen goes with my husband to for his job internship.

To my surprise, there is tremendous house chores to be done in the house. We have by now let the kids do the kitchen and the cupboards are a disaster. Food crumbs, unwashed small kitchen appliances and other yucky stuff. And, that is only on the kitchen front.

I walked into the kid's bedrooms and yikes... more things for me to cry about.

I almost felt defeated. Would it be better for me just to do all the house chores? Might be impossible for the rate of mess is faster than my cleaning speed.

Instead of whining here, I will do things one at a time. Let me start with this George Foreman grill. My teen cook used this grill to cook my fish (fat free) dinner prior to my gall bladder surgery. Yikes... no wonder I had those tummy pain.

Before I end this post, even if it is contrary to what I feel, I will go and clean each dirty appliance in our kitchen. I have much to offer. One of my friend's daughter is going to ER at the moment. I will offer up these kitchen chores for her intentions.

St. Anthony, pray for us.

Come Holy Spirit, grant me the spirit of fortitude.

No comments: